15 – 31 August 2022
Explore the thriving nature around you this monsoon. Observe trees near you with SeasonWatch, and win prizes!
When: 15 – 31 August 2022
Where: Anywhere in India
- 100-not-out – Observe 100 trees per week of the festival.
- Ficus Frenzy – Observe 10 (or more) individuals of at least 2 of 5 SeasonWatch Ficuses, viz. Banyan (Ficus benghalensis), Soft Fig (Ficus mollis), Punjab Fig (Ficus palmata), Country Fig (Ficus racemosa) and Peepal (Ficus religiosa)
Complete these and you could be a lucky prize-winner!
How to participate:
- If you’re new to SeasonWatch, register on the website or Android app.
- Go outdoors and choose any SeasonWatch species to observe.
- To make a one-time only observation on a tree, click on the ‘casual’ tab, and then on the ‘eye’ icon. To observe the same tree more than once, click on the ‘regular’ tab and then the ‘+’ button to register it with Seasonwatch, or on the ‘eye’ icon to add observations on a registered tree. You can make both types of observations for the November Tree Festival! Need more help? Watch our video tutorials to get-set-and-go!
- Make an observation as follows – imagine the tree canopy to be a circle and divide it in 3 equal parts from the centre. If the stage you are observing is found in ⅓ parts, choose ‘few’. If the stage is seen in more than one part, choose ‘many’, and if it is absent, choose ‘none’.
To add observations on the leaves, flowers and fruits, imagine the tree canopy to be a circle and divide it in 3 equal parts from the centre. If the stage you are observing is found in ⅓ parts, choose ‘few’. If the stage is seen in more than one part, choose ‘many’, and if it is absent, choose ‘none’.
- To share your observations with everyone, make sure to make your profile is set to ‘public’ on the website (Login > Account > My profile > Make profile public), and keep a track of daily observations at Explore > Patterns > Observations.
Participate in other ways by doing tree-walks with tree lovers, forwarding this event to tree enthusiasts, or joining our Facebook event. Help us spread the word!