- This event has passed.
August Tree Festival 2022
August 15, 2022 @ 8:00 am - August 31, 2022 @ 8:00 pm
15 – 31 August 2022
Explore the thriving nature around you this monsoon. Observe trees near you with SeasonWatch, and win prizes!
When: 15 – 31 August 2022
Where: Anywhere in India
- 100-not-out – Observe 100 trees per week of the festival.
- Ficus Frenzy – Observe 10 (or more) individuals of at least 2 of 5 SeasonWatch Ficuses, viz. Banyan (Ficus benghalensis), Soft Fig (Ficus mollis), Punjab Fig (Ficus palmata), Country Fig (Ficus racemosa) and Peepal (Ficus religiosa)
Complete these and you could be a lucky prize-winner!
How to participate:
- If you’re new to SeasonWatch, register on the website or Android app.
- Go outdoors and choose any SeasonWatch species to observe.
- To make a one-time only observation on a tree, click on the ‘casual’ tab, and then on the ‘eye’ icon. To observe the same tree more than once, click on the ‘regular’ tab and then the ‘+’ button to register it with Seasonwatch, or on the ‘eye’ icon to add observations on a registered tree. You can make both types of observations for the November Tree Festival! Need more help? Watch our video tutorials to get-set-and-go!
- Make an observation as follows – imagine the tree canopy to be a circle and divide it in 3 equal parts from the centre. If the stage you are observing is found in ⅓ parts, choose ‘few’. If the stage is seen in more than one part, choose ‘many’, and if it is absent, choose ‘none’.
- To share your observations with everyone, make sure to make your profile is set to ‘public’ on the website (Login > Account > My profile > Make profile public), and keep a track of daily observations at Explore > Patterns > Observations.
Participate in other ways by doing tree-walks with tree lovers, forwarding this event to tree enthusiasts, or joining our Facebook event. Help us spread the word!