Are you noticing all the vibrant spring colours in nature? Celebrate this beauty, observe the trees around you with SeasonWatch, and win prizes!
When: 24 March – 2 April 2023
Where: Anywhere in India!
- 100-not-out: Observe 100 trees in the 10 days of the festival.
- Scarlet Summer: Observe as many trees possible of 5 species* with red and orange flowers.
*(Red Silk Cotton, Flame of the Forest, True Ashok, Indian Coral Tree, Nilgiri Rhododendron)
- Leaf Flush: Observe 8 deciduous tree species**. Have they put out new leaves?
**(Teak, Indian Ash Tree, Rain Tree, Siris, Pongam Tree, Devil’s Tree, Mahua, Dyer’s Oleander)
How to participate:
- If you’re new to SeasonWatch, register on the website or Android app.
- Go outdoors and choose any SeasonWatch species to observe.
- To make a one-time-only observation on a tree, click on the ‘casual’ tab, and then on the ‘eye’ icon. To observe the same tree more than once, click on the ‘regular’ tab and then the ‘+’ button to register it with SeasonWatch, or on the ‘eye’ icon to add observations on a registered tree. You can make both types of observations for the November Tree Festival! Need more help? Watch our video tutorials to get set and go!
- Make an observation as follows – imagine the tree canopy to be a circle and divide it into 3 equal parts from the centre. If the stage you are observing is found in ⅓ parts, choose ‘few’. If the stage is seen in more than one part, choose ‘many’, and if it is absent, choose ‘none’.
- To share your observations with everyone, make sure to make your profile set to ‘public’ on the website (Login > Account > My profile > Make profile public), and keep a track of daily observations at Explore > Patterns > Observations.
- Participate in other ways by doing tree walks with tree lovers, and sharing the event posters with tree enthusiasts. Help us spread the word!