We collect Personal Information you provide directly to us when you register with our Website. While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to email address, first name and last name, School or University affiliation, Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City. When you add an Observation on a tree for the first time, we may collect information on the latitude and longitude of the observation, the city, district or state in which the observation is based, and the date and time of observation.
We also collect Usage Data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. All hosting companies do this as a part of the Websites’ analytics. For example, Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, and a timestamp for the request.
USE OF THE DATA
We only use this information to provide to Us for the following:
- To provide service and maintain our Website, including to monitor the usage of our Website.
- To manage Your Account:to manage Your registration as a user of the Website. The Personal Information You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Website that are available to You as a registered user.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other modes of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You: with news or other general information about events and updates, unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Website and your experience.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information such as email or contact address are never disclosed on any public page on the Website. Few Personal Information associated with individual Observations on trees such as User Name, School or University Affiliation, town/district/State, Date of Observation may be publicly shared on the Website pages https://www.seasonwatch.in/sw-user/patterns.php irrespective of whether Users are signed in to the Website or not.
SHARING OF DATA
We may share Observations with researchers, policy makers, students and other end-users who wish to analyse patterns for Scientific or Social research and application specifically in the context of ecology, conservation or climate change. This information includes date and time of observation, species of observation, and location of observation, and other fields related to the observation. However, this information will not include any of the User’s Personal Information or identifiers such as Name, numeric User ID or Address.
We also provide links to sites that are not operated by us. Your use of these third party Websites is entirely optional. Please note that we will not be able to accept any responsibility for the practices and policies of these third parties.
OPT-OUT, COMMUNICATION PREFERENCES
You may modify your communication preferences and/or opt-out from specific communications at any time. Please specify and adjust your preferences.
We take reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. But, you should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Sites may not be secure.
INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN
The Website can be accessed by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information via the Website from visitors in this age group. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.